|Tititea / Mount Aspiring from Bevan Col|
I thought you might be interested in seeing some step by step photos of my latest New Zealand mountain landscape - Tititea / Mount Aspiring from Bevan Col.
The painting is from a photograph I took of my husband, David, when we climbed the peak with our friend Alexis in 2012. Including my husband made the painting extra special for me, although all the mountain paintings I am doing at the moment are of scenes that hold many memories for me.
Ink & watercolour on Fabriano Artistico, cold press
55 x 38cm
Here are the steps...
|Sky and first wash on the mountain's rocks|
|First watercolour wash of the painting done.|
|Adding the first shadows|
|Adding the tiny details|
|Finished painting. Tititea / Mount Aspiring from Bevan Col.|
- Fabriano Artistico, traditional white, cold press, 300gsm
- Lamy safari mechanical pencil with HB lead
- Lamy safari fountain pens (F & B) with DeAtramentis black document ink
- Synthetic watercolour brushes
- Colours :
- Winsor & Newton - Cobalt Blue Hue, Burnt Sienna.
- Daniel Smith - Cerulean Blue, Quinacridone Rose, Natural Sienna, Pyrol Orange.
- MaimeriBlu - Paynes Grey, Burnt Umber, Cadmium Yellow Medium.
This painting has sold. But commissions are welcome. Contact me if you have special mountain you'd like me to paint for you.